SignPuddle database design options

Jonathan Duncan duncanjonathan at YAHOO.CA
Tue Jul 2 13:01:01 UTC 2013

Hi Steve,
     The one that came to mind first was the area of the country where
the sign is used.
     How about whether or not the verb is  directional.  I think this
piece of information could be important anyone piece of information.
     I am also thinking marking the verb's transitivity (whether the
action is applied to another object)  but would be interested on other
list member's point on view on this.
     What to the rest of you think of links to other entries for
synonyms and antonyms?

     For Maria's number 4 below I think having a list of links to other
related entries would be useful.

   I was also wondering, when I sign has several meanings, are going to
put all definitions under the same entry or an entry with each with the
SignWriting repeated?
   Will you be creating one database for all the puddles?  Or one per
puddle?

Also when you finish this discussion, I would like to look over your
proposed database schema, so I can give my 2 cents worth, if you are
open to that.

Jonathan

--

email: duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca <mailto:duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca>