SignPuddle database design options

Cherie Wren cwterp at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jul 3 14:47:22 UTC 2013

Classifiers have multiple functions.  Some describe somethings movement-- acting as a verb;  Some describe an objects size or shape-- acting as an adjective;  some describe location-- acting as a preposition; some describe the manner of movement-- acting as an adverb; they can show path of movement/direction/speed, they can show orientation in space, they can show number or quantity,.....  and I'm sure there are many i am missing.  They are not unique to signed languages, but they are much more used and integral in signed languages.  I think they need a category, and perhaps a space to add more information, such as 'locative' or 'size and shape specifier'

cherie