A writing system for sign languages - in france!

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Thu Jun 20 09:19:27 UTC 2013

SignWriting List
June 20, 2013

Hello Maria, Claudia, Yaelle and Juliette!

Yaelle perhaps is still on the SignWriting List? Yaelle, the web site is absolutely charming….I love the signer, and the little cards with the moving videos!

And everyone, I need your help. Here is a lovely video of Juliette Dalle, from France, explaining how she used SignWriting years ago with Deaf children. The video was professionally made, and fascinating, so I just looked at the link, and sadly the video is not available, although the web page is still there:

http://www.curiosphere.tv/video-documentaire/42-citoyennete/104984-reportage-lsf-lexperimentation-du-sign-writing

Thank you, Juliette, for this video!

Can anyone help us get permission to show the video on our SignWriting site? I would love that, and Juliette deserves that for historic reasons - it is a real testament to her hard work and creativity with children...

Many thanks for everyone's help -

Val ;-)

-----