AW: QUESTION: Dynamics and Timing Symbols

Sat Mar 2 22:24:27 UTC 2013

Looking at the two fingers – ouch – wouldn´t it hurt? Just my feeling but I
am no drummer ... ;-))

  _____

Von: SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages
[mailto:SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU] Im Auftrag von Valerie Sutton
Gesendet: Samstag, 2. März 2013 22:01
An: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Betreff: Re: QUESTION: Dynamics and Timing Symbols

SignWriting List

March 2, 2013

Please excuse my delay in answering this question. Thank you, Charles, for
caring about writing and asking questions
 Second, I saw that Madson and
perhaps others answered you already on Facebook - and they wrote it well
too...smile
so you are getting plenty of feedback... Thanks to everyone -

Regarding the Strike symbol in your writing
 The drum beat that you are
trying to write below does not actually contact a surface but is mimicking
the feeling of contacting a surface with the drumming movement - So that
would not be written with a Strike Symbol, because the Strike must show
contact with force, and there is no real contact happening
So the Tension
Symbol at the end of the movement, or even the Fast Symbols would be
substituted, rather than using the Strike symbols (if you feel they are
necessary - they may not be - maybe too much detail?)...

Regarding the Alternating Symbol - no I would not use that either. When we
read a group of arrows with the left and right hands, we always read the
arrows from the Center - Out. So the left and right arrow that are closest
to the center are read first, and then read out one by one - so there is no
need to also write an Alternating Symbol
since the Alternating feeling is
already there if you follow the Center-Out rule...

So I would write it this way, if we want to write lots of detail (smile):

http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/canvas.php?ui=12
<http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/canvas.php?ui=12&sgn=46&sid=3264>
&sgn=46&sid=3264

Val ;-)