smaller SignWriting Workshop in La Jolla, June 16-29 2013

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Thu Mar 14 22:19:08 UTC 2013

SignWriting List
March 14, 2013

Hello everyone -
I just found out from Adam, that he will be attending the TISLR conference in London this July 10th-13th, 2013… So I bet a lot of you are attending TISLR also? I didn't even realize TISLR was this summer ;-)

And if you, Erika, are busy July 20-27, then July seems not a good time -

It is a lot of work to setup a Symposium - A big Symposium needs more time for planning, but we could have a smaller gathering… a SignWriting Workshop this June, in 2013…. with a smaller number of participants…a more relaxed setting...

How about…

SignWriting Workshops
Taught by Val, Adam and others
June 16th - June 29th

A small group of 1 to 15 people ….We could have more personal time together that way.

If there is only one person, you can stay with me (grin ;-)

But if there is a group, we could find some kind of housing for you - and we might be able to get one classroom - If you all bring your own laptops, we can teach you how to use SignPuddle and various software programs for SignWriting, and you can share your research with us and the other participants...

We could still do the bigger SignWriting Symposium in 2014…

How does that sound?

Anyone want to learn SignWriting with me, in La Jolla, June 16 - June 29?

Val ;-)