Technical dictionaries

Jonathan Duncan duncanjonathan at YAHOO.CA
Thu Oct 10 15:05:28 UTC 2013

Hi Val,
On 10/10/2013 8:55 AM, Valerie Sutton wrote:
> SignWriting List
> October 10, 2013
>
> Hello Jonathan!
> This is very exciting indeed. If I understand this correctly, when
> people enter new signs in the dictionary in SignWriter Studio, they
> will be able to associate the sign with different Sign Lists…for
> example, the sign for CHAIR could be in the Sign Lists for FURNITURE
> and HOUSEHOLD. So each sign could belong to multiple Sign Lists. Then
> the user chooses the Sign List FURNITURE, and the sign for CHAIR will
> be listed there with other signs for furniture.
     Yes, that's right!!

> Then the user can print the Sign List. Can the PDF automatically place
> a title at the top saying something like "Signs for Furniture in
> _______Sign Language" , with page numbers?
Yes good idea!!! Thank you for the feedback.

> Can signs from SignPuddle be imported into the SignWriter Studio
> dictionary?
Yes.
Create or open a SignWriter Studio File.
Click on File/Import
Choose the file previously saved from SignPuddle under the Export option.

Regards,

Jonathan