What is Optical Glyph Recognition (OGR)?

Erika Hoffmann-Dilloway erhoffma at OBERLIN.EDU
Tue Oct 29 16:47:19 UTC 2013

Do you have any criteria about the provenance of the handwriting samples?
I teach a linguistic anthropology course at Oberlin about Literacies. I
spend one week teaching them about SW and having them produce short texts -
we are having that class meeting later this month. These are hearing
students who generally know little about sign languages - I introduce them
to SW to help expand their notion of what can be written. Sometimes I ask
them to write a simple ASL sample, but sometimes I have them write
co-speech gestures. Would texts like these - produced by total novices, not
necessarily of a SL - be useful? Because if so, I'm happy to share the
batches I generate each time I teach this course. But I can imagine they
might not be what you're looking for :)
Best,
Erika

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Fabrizio Borgia <fabrizio.borgia at gmail.com