help with writing an ASL sentence for an academic paper

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Sun Sep 8 15:06:04 UTC 2013

I like this sequence and thought process behind it. Depends on which language is "origin" and which is "target". Thanks for the clarification.

Charles Butler
chazzer3332000 at yahoo.com
240-764-5748
Clear writing moves business forward.

________________________________
 From: Cherie Wren <cwterp at YAHOO.COM>
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Sent: Sunday, September 8, 2013 10:03 AM
Subject: Re: help with writing an ASL sentence for an academic paper

SENTENCE THIS EXAMPLE ASL WRITE HOWrhq SIGNWRITING.

SENTENCE is added to give THIS some context.  THIS alone felt all stranded, like a
 classifier without a referent.  WITH doesn't feel right to me.  It is actually the same sign as TOGETHER, and in this context it isn't about being 'with' something it is about what method is used to convey it, so I went with HOW as a rhetorical.  I almost added WHATrhq after THIS SENTENCE, but decided one rhetorical was enough...

cherie