10 Questions - Can you help answer them?

Melinda gersteinb at AOL.COM
Wed Sep 18 17:26:41 UTC 2013

Some people say "why do they not use     English".. How different is a sign language from a spoken language

AmericanSign Language use manual hands to communicate with other deaf community.
ASL isdifferent than spoken language is that it has its own grammar in terms of theirown phonological and morphological sense. Glossing in English’s purose is tounderstand ASL.

How do you explain what it means when a language cannot     be written

Languagecannot be written in a sense communicationusing morse code or semaphore buthuman language can exchange thoughts, ideas with each other.

SignWriting is a script. How many languages are written     in SignWriting

Not know ifthere is any.

Can you recognise what sign language it is from a     written text

SignWriting is sometimes hard to recognize because some are iconic and some arearbituary.

What are the most active sign languages as far as you     know

As for me,I use ASL on daily basis.

The use of SignWriting is growing rapidly. How do you     know about how it develops- not able to answer this question

Can SignWriting be used on mobile phones or is there an     app for that-Yes

Are there many schools where they teach SignWriting-     Not that I know of

But I wouldlike to buy sign writing keyboard with regular abc keyboard combine so it iseasier for me to translate.

How hard would it be to have the pupils at these     schools write two articles a month ... How many Wikipedias could be     started that way

Why is Wikipedia strategically important for getting     more people to know about SignWriting

Sign writing is important totransmit visual concept for subjects are hard to explain: Philosophy, bible,etc.

I hope this helps. J
Melinda Gerstein