AW: Finger Direction Is Meaningful

Jonathan Duncan duncanjonathan at YAHOO.CA
Sat Sep 21 02:27:56 UTC 2013

Hi Stefan,
     Thanks for sharing your point of view.  I didn't mean to open a can
of worms.  I know you and others have mentioned this previously I still
don't quite fully understand the issue.

For the symbols in the second row, could you draw me how you feel the
symbols should look like for this handshape?

This doesn't have to do with my previous question for searching but just
the same I am still interested in understanding this issue.  I do see
how the thumb on the other side of the hand looks like contortionism (so
in a way I agree with you)  but I don't understand how you would draw it
otherwise while maintaining a distinction between this handshape and one
with the thumb pointing down.

I enjoy reading your comments here on the list.

Regards,
Jonathan