AW: AW: Heel of Hand or Top View

Stefan Wöhrmann stefanwoehrmann at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 21 08:10:09 UTC 2013

Hi Valerie, Adam, Jonathan...

For some reason it is fun to discuss this kind of “point of view”  I know
that the masters of the software are in the position to “define” the “look”
of a symbol and compared to handwriting it would cause major trouble to
change anything... I know that ... and I can live and work with the symbol
set as it is – smile – (I do not have to use the symbols I feel not
comfortable with – and that is the way I write my documents.)   On the other
hand ... compared to the look of the symbols  in the “Lessons in SignWring
Textbook and Workbook – second Edition 1999 – there has been a change in the
presentation of some symbols. I bet that some of these changes could be
discussed ...   But since the software – programmers all over the world work
with the given symbol set we would get in trouble if anyone ...well ..ok,,,,
Hi Valerie I understand your point of view that things (symbols) are now as
they  are... smile.

Nevertheless – would be interesting – apart from that to have a second look
at what is taken for granted ...

The inventor of a symbol might be so focused on his/her   option that other
ideas, opinions, point of views might only confuse or cause trouble?

You know my enthusiasm for SW and it is not on my mind to bother anybody
with comments ...but it is fun to look at spellings and writing styles in a
very precice manner ;-))

So Adam:

I looked at your list of the 5 hand's heel view palm facings that relate to
the 5 hand symbol. – and compared the “heel view – symbols”  to the “Top
view – symbols” wich are used by me all the time ;-)

Your number 4 counting from left makes me hesitate ...same with the last one

Even though I understand your idea behind this I would prefer to “see” the
thumb  sticking out at a place that shows without too much guessing which
hand (right or left) is  chosen.

In this case I read the two lines  as this:

right  right right right left left left left

right  right right left left left left right

I have to leave but will return to our discussion as soon as I will be back.

Have a great weekend.

Stefan

  _____