hand shape BSL 9

Maureen Doyle maureengndoyle at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 29 11:48:15 UTC 2013

Hi Stefan.

 That   SW is    fine
 You may have found different ways of   doing "9"

 as there are different signs  for 9 depending on the area..

Older people with artritus prefer  to tuck the Thumb in
and have the 4 Fingers  straight..
 We had a  member who didnt have a thumb  so this  was their way for 9.

The easiest (9)  for children is Just  holding up their hands  and leaving the Right Thumb tucked in..

 Hope this helps..

    Maureen

Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 12:46:35 +0200
From: stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE
Subject: hand shape BSL 9
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU

Hi Valerie, Adam, Maureen  and friends,

for some hours I am busy to look at BSL signs...

There are various online-video – tutorials that
show a variety of how to sign the numbers ...;-))

Just a question ... do we have in the actual symbol
set the hand shape some of the signers prefer for signing “nine”

Flat-hand ... or  five-hand  but pinkey bent toward
palm ( personally I have problems to perform this hand shape without to much
effort)

What do you think about my attempt to construct this
hand shape?

All best

Stefan

sutton at signwriting.org