EXTENSION OF DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING ABSTRACTS

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Thu Apr 3 17:52:14 UTC 2014

SignWriting List
April 3, 2014

Hello SignWriting List!

Thank you, Stefan, for your comment below, about making the deadline for submitting an Abstract, “17 seconds ahead of the deadline” - ha! That sounds like LIFE!

Yesterday two others who work extensively with SignWriting asked for an extension of the deadline, and one other asked me to help write the Abstract with them …I am glad to do that … but then I will have trouble making my own deadlines ;-)

There are already around 10 submissions, and I am delighted that others wish to submit Abstracts to the SignWriting Symposium too...

So here is our new schedule:

Submit Your "Title & Category" by April 7, 2014
Submit One-Page Abstract by May 5, 2014
Submit Presentation by July 7, 2014
Online live presentation: July 21-24, 2014
Proceedings published in a web archive: September, 2014
Proceedings published in a PDF book: October, 2014

So by April 7th (this coming Monday) please send us the Title of your presentation, like this:

a. TITLE of your proposed presentation
b. AUTHORS
c. AFFILIATIONS of authors (if no affiliations, leave blank)
d. CONTACT INFO (email, web, affiliation address, country)
e. LANGUAGES used in presentation, both sign and spoken languages (can be presented in multiple languages)
f. STATE A CATEGORY that best fits your submission:

• SignWriting in Education
• SignWriting in Literature
• SignWriting in Software
• SignWriting in Research

Then, send this information to:

sutton at signwriting.org

and

symposium at signwriting.org

That will reserve a spot for your Abstract on our web page, which I am building for the Symposium.

Then you have the whole month of April to write and submit your one-page Abstract to us by May 5th, 2014.

I feel honored that so many skilled SignWriting users are taking the time to submit presentations at the SignWriting Symposium.

It will be a great event, and will build into an important annual tradition -

Thanks everyone!

one of four chairpersons ;-)
SignWriting Symposium
http://www.signwriting.org/symposium/2014/