New Game using SignWriting: SIGNMATCH

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Thu Aug 14 17:14:13 UTC 2014

SignWriting List
August 14, 2014

Hello Anny and Maureen -
I am so glad to see interest in this new game SIGNMATCH!

I can see the cards laminated (plastic protection) in the attached photo of Anny - great to see you again Anny!

... and that the cards do not show any words from a spoken language. So the only languages that need to be translated are sign languages.

I hope every sign language will have their version of SIGNMATCH -

Who is “game” to do this in your sign language?

Val ;-)

-----------

On Aug 14, 2014, at 3:53 AM, Anne-Claude Prélaz Girod <anne-claude at famillegirod.com> wrote:

> Maureen
>
> the best thing to do would be to chose 57 sign from your british sign language adapted for your pupils.... and then "create the game on the same model
>
> I did'nt include the words in the game ... (they figure on my excel document.... so that people understand how I proceeded to create the game) there are 8 signs (wirtten in signwriting) on each card (no french or english word)
>
> at the end the game only contains 57 cards (look at the picture below)
> I printed every card on coloured paper  and "plastified" it
> (https://www.facebook.com/signecriture)
>
> there's a way to do the same game with 6 signs on each card if you prefer...
> let me know if you have any more questions
>
> Anny

———