So what did you think of the SignWriting Symposium?

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon Aug 18 13:13:11 UTC 2014

SignWriting List
August 18, 2014

Thank you, Jonathan, for this good explanation about the differences between a “webinar” and a “hangout” … and most of all, thank you for telling me that the Symposium was a success - although this was stated earlier, in recent weeks I began to realize that we went from so much excitement preparing for the amazing event, and then the emotional high of meeting all these wonderful people for four solid days of broadcasting, and then the let down of needing to plan and prepare for the future once again, without the same level of excitement -

Obviously there is no choice but to rest and relax after so much energy being expended, but there was a let-down none the less, and I suspect others felt it too - sort of- “now what do we talk about?” smile…

But we have a lot to talk about still, judging by the many messages on this active List - and partly due to you, Jonathan - thank you for reviewing all the presentations and giving us feedback -

And no one got presents or gifts so they would watch - that is for sure - it was free to watch and people did watch freely - We all got the gift of friendship and open sharing, which are treasured moments -

So I vote to improve the hangout experience, and make the interpreters show up at all times without technical stress on the technicians, and to also be able to share our slides better too -

And nothing has stopped - I will start working on publishing the SignWriting Symposium 2014 Proceedings book in the first week of September with hopes that it will be ready in October 2014.

Thanks again for the feedback -

Val ;-)

--------

sutton at signwriting.org