[Sw-l] Flashcards: How can we reach more people with SignWriting?

André L andre-andre at HOTMAIL.CA
Wed Dec 24 05:06:26 UTC 2014

Hello Stefan,
here is a brief answer.  A complete "how to" will follow...

First, make a copy of all your SignWriter studio files in another directory.
you do not want to mix your previous work with a whole dictionnary!

I export signpuddle whole dictionnary on my desktop.
I create a new dictionnary on my computer with sign writer studio.
I import the signpuddle dictionnary in sign writer studio.
I checkmark the signs to not include.
I do an export as Anki.  I am careful to chose where the images will be located.

Sign Writer studio will use the 2 gloses columns to create the flashcards text.
In SignWriter studio, I export the whole dictionnary in 5 seconds.

I move the generated anki  image directory where Anki can find it (mixed with all other anki images!):
Images in : C:\Users\alemyre\Documents\Anki\Utilisateur 1\collection.media

I create a new deck of flashcards name with a version (ex. LSQ dictionnary 2014) and import it in Anki (option support html).
I indicate to Anki where is my anki text file created by signWritier studio.

               Whith proper instruction, this takes 30 minutes to create  5000 flashcards to study a sign language.

When this is done, post it on Anki flashcards servers to share.

André Lemyre