Animations to teach signwriting

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon Jan 6 22:01:34 UTC 2014

SignWriting List
January 6, 2014

Hello André!
Thank you for this message and for the attached PowerPoint - It is good to know that PowerPoint can accept animated GIFs. It looks great!

I agree that animated SignWriting is valuable as an educational tool…I think others agree too -

Would you, or anyone else, be interested in working on a new project…an Animated SignWriting Dictionary on the web?

Take a look at this web page:

http://www.movementwriting.org/animation/sgn-US/

It is a simple page that shows the sign written in SignWriting, and to the right of the sign, is the animated version of it…

We could have an entire site devoted to this Animated SignWriting Dictionary and Animated SignWriting Literature idea…

It could be a relaxed project for fun with no deadlines or any pressure at all (I do not like deadlines or pressure ;-)

Just whenever the whim hits, do a few animations, and save them in a file. Then we can post them in a new site...

The project could be done for any sign language, and essentially be like a SignPuddle Online but for animated signs -

And that brings up the next question….Steve and Jonathan…could SignPuddle and SignWriter Studio store animated GIFs?

Val ;-)

-------

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List: