37 Web Pages for 37 Presentations at the SignWriting Symposium

Denny C Voreck dvoreck at AOL.COM
Tue May 6 06:25:10 UTC 2014

Hi Valerie!

Yes, I need several extra days cuz this week is finals for my students. I will work on abstracted this week.

Thanks,
Denny

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

-----Original Message-----
From: Valerie Sutton <signwriting at MAC.COM>
To: SW-L <SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU>
Sent: Mon, May 5, 2014 09:46 AM
Subject: 37 Web Pages for 37 Presentations at the SignWriting Symposium

<pre style="font-size: 9pt;"><tt>SignWriting List
May 5, 2014

Happy May, everyone!

This month I am creating 37 web pages for the SignWriting Symposium 2014. Each web page will be devoted to one presentation, which will include:

Title of Presentation
Abstract Description
Bios of the Presenters

and, when you submit the actual presentation, it too will be posted on the same web page, including:

PDF and Microsoft Word documents
Video Presentations
PowerPoint or other Slide Presentations
Links to source code and so forth...

So I am starting your web pages now, and these web pages will remain on the web for years to come, and can be updated whenever necessary.

Today is the deadline to submit your Abstracts. Most of you have already submitted. Thank you!

Please write to me if you need a few more days - no worries.

If some of you prepare your presentations early, feel free to send them to me early too - The actual paper, video or slide presentation is not due until early July, but it is a good idea to send it when you are ready, since we are setting up the whole project, and that is a help to us.

Then from July 21-24, the Symposium will be streamed live online. You are all welcome to participate, from your computer or iPad. People will be able to see you live and ask you questions so that we have a real meeting of the minds live internationally -

In many ways, this is better than traveling to each other in person, because online we can meet with people who would normally not have the funds to travel.  It is a miracle to have this amazing opportunity.

I love reading your Abstracts! They are so exciting to read. When I have posted them, I will announce it here on the List.

So thank you for your Abstracts and your participation -

Have a beautiful day -

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:

SignWriting List Archives & Home Page

</tt></pre>
 <!-- end of AOLMsgPart_1_43693974-ee40-4ba6-b60c-1987cf2f2263 -->

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu