How to Prepare Your Symposium Presentation

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue May 13 15:50:39 UTC 2014

SignWriting List
May 13, 2014

Hello Everyone!
I received this question from a presenter:

> By the way, I have a doubt about the presentation:
> in the form of "slide presentations" is also necessary a voice narration,
> or only the detailed slides is fine?

Good question.

If you are able to provide “slide presentations” with captions, voice, and possibly even an accompanying sign language video to explain it in a sign language… all these ideas will be welcome and amazing - the more communication the better...

But if you cannot do this because you don’t know how to do it, or perhaps you need interpreters to help with other languages …that is understandable too... No pressure or worries. It is a gift for the world, whatever you can provide...

All languages are welcome. Once we see your presentations, we will try over time to add captions or other ways to understand the material…so the presentation can be enhanced later too...

We may need to use DropBox to transfer some of these files to us, since the videos and slides may be large data files…so I need to give you our private DropBox transferring system later…I still have to set that up…

We are going to try to provide captions for videos no matter what - If you need us to do the captioning for you, please send us the written spoken language translation (script) of your video in a document, so then we can do the captioning based on the transcript you provide us…

Obviously the more you can provide us “ready to use” the better for you, because only you know how you want your presentation to look…

and… if you can send in your presentations earlier than the “deadline” of July 7th that will be welcome too…but once again…no pressure… Presentation information is below...

Val ;-)

-----------
PRESENTATIONS

1. Presentations deadline: July 7, 2014

2. Your presentation can be ANY length you choose, just as long as it is about SignWriting.

3. There are three Presentation Venues: written papers, slide presentations and video presentations.

a. Written Papers accepted in the following formats:
• .pdf
• .doc
• .docx
• .txt
• .rtf
• .rtfd

b. Slide Presentations accepted in the following programs:
• PowerPoint
• Keynote
• GoAnimate
• Google Docs
• SlideRocket

c. Video Presentations accepted in the following formats:
• .mov
• .avi
• .wmv
• Flash
• WebM
• MPEG-4

4. Software demonstrations through download links can also accompany any of the above three venues.

5. You can present in one, two or all of the above three venues.

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu