Question about locations symbols

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sat May 17 05:07:01 UTC 2014

SignWriting List
May 16, 2014

Hello André -

Answering your questions A and B -

B is discussing UpperBody Location Symbols. The dark dot means “closer to the reader” - since the reader is standing behind the signer, looking through the signer’s back, that means the black dot is representing the area on the back of the signer that is closer to the reader… The white dot means the area contacting the front of the chest etc...Here is a chart -

By the way, this is also true for the Finger Location in A - the dark dot is closer to the reader and so forth -