SYMPOSIUM: Scheduling Online Live Presentations - need your suggestions

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Thu May 29 15:02:39 UTC 2014

I think this will work for me, I can present in the 4 pm time slot (3:30 or so) as that would be 6:30-7:30 on the East Coast of the U.S. I am likely to be working a day job by then and will have to see all of the other presentations by recording anyway.

Charles Butler
chazzer3332000 at yahoo.com
240-764-5748
Clear writing moves business forward.

________________________________
 From: Claudia S. Bianchini <chiadu14 at GMAIL.COM>
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 9:31 AM
Subject: Re: SYMPOSIUM: Scheduling Online Live Presentations - need your suggestions

Hello Val
Am I the only one to answer?

I think that the best solution is to go thematic but with a little arrangement due to time-gap.
To make 10 presentation or 30min per day we need minimum 5 hour (+1h to eat)...
And... when in LaJolla is 6am in Rome is 3pm; when in LaJolla is 2pm in Rome in 1am.
So, to avoid Europeans to stay awaken till 3 in the morning, and to avoir Americans to get up at 5 in the morning we can scredule the presentations like this...

1) July 21-22 - Education

from 6am to 11am (California time) = from 3pm to 8pm (Rome time) : Europeans presentations
from 11am to 4pm (California time) = from 8pm to 1am (Rome time) : Americans presentations

2) July 22 - Literature

from 6am to 11am (California time) = from 3pm to 8pm (Rome time) : Europeans presentations
from 11am to 4pm (California time) = from 8pm to 1am (Rome time) : Americans presentations
3) July 23 - Research

from 6am to 11am (California time) = from 3pm to 8pm (Rome time) : Europeans presentations
from 11am to 4pm (California time) = from 8pm to 1am (Rome time) : Americans presentations
4) July 24 - Software

from 6am to 11am (california time) = from 3pm to 8pm (Rome time) : Europeans presentations
from 11am to 4pm (california time) = from 8pm to 1am (Rome time) : Americans presentations

So if americans want to sleep in the morning they will only lose the 2 or 3 first european presentation, and if the europeans need to go to bed at 11pm they will only loose 2 or 3 american presentations...

What do you think about this?

Claudia

Claudia S. Bianchini, PhD
MCF Licence SDL-LSF, Univ. Poitiers
Laboratoire EA3816-FoReLL
claudia.savina.bianchini at univ-poitiers.fr
Université de Poitiers - UFR Lettres et Langues (Bât. A3)
1 rue Raymond CANTEL - TSA 11102
86073 POITIERS CEDEX 9

sutton at signwriting.org
Post Messages to the SignWriting List: