Perfected TrueType font images

Stephen E Slevinski Jr slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET
Sat Oct 11 14:12:07 UTC 2014

Hi Val and Adam and SignWriting List,

I believe I have perfected the TrueType outlines for the entire
SignWriting symbol set.

Here's the amazing picture that shows the details.

I know that people want SignWriting to just work, but there are a lot of
details behind the scenes that people never see.  The simple picture
above represents incalculable hours of work and dedication.

The amount of time Valerie Sutton has worked on the SignWriting fonts is
mind boggling.  She has worked, reworked, and persevered. Her original
PNG files are available in the SignWriting 2010 Fonts.

The amount of time Adam Frost spent tracing the pixelated PNG images by
hand spans several years.  I will be forever grateful to Adam for his
hard work, knowledge, and insight.  The SVG Refinement is also available
in the SignWriting 2010 Fonts.

 From the SVG refinement, I was able to retrace 2 new SVG versions of
the font.  From the new SVG versions, I was able to create image perfect
TrueType fonts.  There are very slight differences between the SVG and
TTF, but they are extremely minor.

I still need to adjust the margins for the TrueType fonts, but I think
we're good on the image quality for all of the individual symbol
glyphs.  I will be reviewing the demo pages to make sure we don't have
any remaining issues.

The 2 TrueType fonts are available in the SignWriting 2010 Fonts project.
https://github.com/Slevinski/signwriting_2010_fonts#downloads-and-log-reports

The demo pages are available online or for download.
http://signpuddle.net/iswa/demo/

Additionally, I have figured out how to create 2-dimensional signs with
TrueType glyphs and SVG positioning.  The conversion from Formal
SignWriting strings to SVG is simple and powerful.  I will be adding
examples to the demo pages soon.

Regards,
?Steve