The SignWriting Fonts Test Page and Unicode 8 next year

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sun Sep 7 02:32:09 UTC 2014

SignWriting List
September 6, 2014

Hello Steve -
A special thank you, to you, and to all those working on this project. It is exciting to think that SignWriting was voted into Unicode, and will be available as a part of Unicode version 8 in the summer of 2015, but it is also stressful too, because there is much to be done before SignWriting truly functions in Unicode - Getting a working Font is a part of this process, to make Unicode functional for SignWriting.

I am starting to feel your excitement that the Font development is very close indeed. This is a particularly exciting page to read, Steve. Thank you for writing this page:

SignWriting for sign languages in Unicode 8 using SVG Glyphs in OpenType Fonts
http://typophile.com/node/119229

I am following this discussion with interest…

Val ;-)