[Sw-l] Arabic Translation for SW spoken languages

Stephen E Slevinski Jr slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET
Tue Apr 7 21:24:41 UTC 2015

Wow Dali,

Thanks.  That was really interesting and very humbling.  Here's what it
looks like.

By the way, the words on the left side of the : in the translation file
are text keys and did not need to be translated.  So for the line...
   language: "English",

You could have left the key *language:* alone and only replaced the word
"English" with Arabic written in Arabic.
   language: 'العربيّة',

I think I figured it out, but please review my work to see if I made any
mistakes.

Seeing this reinforced the idea that I shouldn't hide the language
selection under 2 tab selections.  So I added the user interface
language selection to the URL.

Here's SignMaker in Arabic:
http://signbank.org/signmaker/#ar

Here's SignMaker in ASL:
http://signbank.org/signmaker/#ase

Here's SignMaker in Brazilian Portuguese:
http://signbank.org/signmaker/#ptBR

Here's SignMaker in Norwegian:
http://signbank.org/signmaker/#no

Here's SignMaker in French:
http://signbank.org/signmaker/#fr

Here's SignMaker in English:
http://signbank.org/signmaker/#en

Beautiful,
-Steve

On 4/7/15 3:24 PM, Dali balti wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> Here is the Arabic translation for the SW spoken language translations
> for user interface for SignMaker 2015! It is a WORD DOC!
>
> I will be happy if anyone who speaks Arabic can give more feedbacks
> converning my own translation, which I tried to make it the better fit
> the modern Arabic Websites Words Use!
>
> Blessings! Dali

∼Steve