[Sw-l] Help with ASL translation (signwriting on smartphone)

Eduardo TrĂ¡pani etrapani at GMAIL.COM
Sat Aug 22 05:09:13 UTC 2015

Hi everybody!

It's so exciting! I'm seeing right now signs instead of text in my
mobile. It runs FirefoxOS, a system that uses web standards. After
adding the Thin Viewer[1] to the applications it works!

For the technical details you can follow the conversation here[2].

Now, to make a real demonstration for you and start exploring the
possibilities, I'd like to have a few translations (ASL). I need the FSW
code or, the links to the dictionary, if you add the signs there.

The texts are:

Phone
Contacts
Settings
Network & Connectivity
Airplane mode
Geolocation
Wi-Fi
Connected

The shorter, the better, and don't worry about the quality of
translations (for example "Position" or "Where?" would do for
"Geolocation"). Right now all those texts show the same sign, so
anything you come up with will be an improvement :).

Eduardo.

[1] http://www.signbank.org/swis/#thin
[2] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.dev.gaia/WDxQqhWBsb0