[Sw-l] Presentation 42

André Thibeault atg at VIDEOTRON.CA
Sat Jul 25 20:31:27 UTC 2015

Hi Charles and everyone,

For example, I live in Québec. Therefore, I use French everyday.  But I do
know the English language.  Even if I do not use the Google Translator
Toolkit, I can write many sentences in English.  I never translate from
French to English using the Google Translator when I write English often.

You live in Maryland and surely use English every day.  But you do know
Portuguese.  If you do not use the Google Translator Toolkit, could you
write many sentences in Portuguese?  Do you translate very often (not
sometimes) from English to Portuguese using the Google Translator?

Now, you also know ASL and LIBRAS.  If you do not use a translate feature
(SignPuddle), could you write often (not sometimes) and easily many ASL or
LIBRAS sentences?

If not, you surely often use a translate feature and you translate from
word-glosses to sign texts in order to save time. It would be false to claim
that you can write your own sign language because you often write your own
word-glosses using a translate feature.

Best regards,

André