[Sw-l] SignWriting Open office

Rebecca L. Moreton moretona at BELLSOUTH.NET
Sun Mar 1 18:13:42 UTC 2015

Wow, that would be awesome! I just really admire what you have accomplished over these years! Many other people have been involved with you, but it is obvious to me that
if you had not persevered even when you were not well and when there was to enough money to do what you wanted to do, there would not be the amazing spread of SignWriting across the globe that we see now. My hope is that the use of SignWriting would eventually take place routinely at all schools for the Deaf, though there is certainly no such thing
going on in my state (Mississippi). I was never able to even get a hearing from staff at our state School for the Deaf. There is a lot of education needed to teach teachers of the
Deaf to use Signwriting in their classes. (Maybe you know of schools that do do this, but not here, unfortunately.) Are there universities or colleges or other organizations that
are taking advantage of SignWriting for ASL currently?

We could try a short Skype conversation this coming week or the next; I know that you are busy busy; it would be lovely, and brief.

Becky Moreton

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu