[Sw-l] Preview of the new SignMaker 2015

Stephen E Slevinski Jr slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET
Fri Mar 13 15:41:12 UTC 2015

Hi SignWriting list,

I would like to share a preview of the new SignMaker.  I'm not finished
yet, but it is getting very close.
http://signbank.org/signmaker/

The new SignMaker is a stand alone web application that features the
TrueType fonts and an integrated dictionary.  You can search the
dictionary by spoken language or by signed language.

To use the new SignMaker, you need to have the TrueType fonts
installed.  If you do not have the fonts installed, the SignMaker link
above will provide the download links for Windows, Linux, Mac, and iOS.
Android is not yet supported.

SignMaker automatically adjusts to any window size.  The iPad mini works
well.  The iPhone is a little small, but usable.

Any SignPuddle dictionary can be used with the new SignMaker.  The
preview uses the ASL dictionary.  For now, the dictionary will be a
snap-shot of the SignPuddle dictionary.  Later, the new SignMaker will
be able to integrate with the SignPuddle dictionaries.

After SignMaker is complete, I will enhance the code to create the new
SignText, so that documents can be written.

SignMaker is HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.  It can be downloaded and used
offline.  Without the dictionary, the code is currently 27 KB zipped.

Regards,
-Steve