[Sw-l] Report from France by Maryline Pierrat

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sat May 16 13:26:05 UTC 2015

SignWriting List
May 16, 2015

Hello Adrean, and welcome to the SignWriting List!

I admire ASLwrite.com <http://aslwrite.com/> too! ;-)

Thank you for your kindness towards me. It was very nice of you to tell me about ASLwrite on Facebook, and I enjoyed visiting your web site...

We can help each other by telling the world about the need to write sign languages, and why that is important. Many signers do not realize that sign languages are written languages.

SignWriting is 41 years old, and other sign language writing systems existed back in the 1800’s…In fact, I would assume there were others even earlier in human history…probably since the beginning of the human race.

I like a phrase that Maryline wrote:

“Vocal languages have hundreds of writing systems. Signed languages may have dozens, but we share similar goals…Writing languages has value no matter what the language.”

Thanks to you both for joining the SignWriting List!

Val ;-)

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu