[Sw-l] Type SignWriting with the Rand Keyboard

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sun Sep 20 14:24:16 UTC 2015

SignWriting List
September 20, 2015

Beautiful day, SignWriting List!

Hello ;-)

It has been a long time, it feels to me, since we have had lessons on the SignWriting List.

We have a new Keyboard for typing SignWriting. It is developed by Yair Rand. We call it the "Rand Keyboard". Thank you, Yair, for your donation of your time, to make this miracle possible.

And yes, it feels like a miracle to me, because with the Rand Keyboard, for the first time, we can actually type SignWriting symbols in a textfield on the web.

In the past, the SignWriter DOS keyboard was limited to typing within the SignWriter DOS environment. We cannot type on the web with SignWriter DOS.

But we can use the Rand Keyboard to type SignWriting articles on the web in sign language Wikipedias….which is a future development that will be noteworthy.

A few days ago, Stefan Woehrmann suggested that we start lessons in typing SignWriting with the Rand Keyboard. So let’s try!

To start, here are some necessary links:

RAND KEYBOARD INFORMATION:
http://www.signwriting.org/symposium/presentation0041.html <http://www.signwriting.org/symposium/presentation0041.html>

START THE RAND KEYBOARD IN FIREFOX:
Use the Rand SignWriting Keyboard <https://806e8abcad89c3043886d9f62a7903edbba39fa1.googledrive.com/host/0B1Pz4n6wXAfvT18yOTFoSE5Sa2s/SWKB-ce.html>

So I hope, in the next week or so, to start posting “Lessons in Typing SignWriting with the Rand Keyboard”…

If any of you would like to start trying to type, and have questions, please post the questions here on the SignWriting List, and this will help us all improve the Rand Keyboard for daily use - Many thanks to everyone in advance...

And have a great day!

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu