[Sw-l] Sign Language Literacy Project

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sat Feb 13 16:09:11 UTC 2016

SignWriting List
February 13, 2016

Hi Charles -
Yes, of course Fernando Capovilla in Brazil, and also Stefan Woehrmann at the Osnabrück School for the Deaf in Germany, has been teaching literacy to Deaf children using SignWriting for over a decade, and has developed special software for teaching literacy to Deaf students, called DELEGS, developed in collaboration with a software development team in Hamburg - There are three presentations by Stefan at the SignWriting Symposium, explaining how fantastic DELEGS, and also Stefan's development with writing Mouth Movements are, for literacy. Stefan's work is very important when studying teaching literacy using SignWriting:

Three Presentations by Stefan Woehrmann at the SignWriting Symposium:

“Wöhrmann´s SpeechWriting, in SignWriting
Documents, Teaches Deaf Students Spoken Language.”
http://www.signwriting.org/symposium/presentation0002.html

“DELEGS-Editor: A Software Tool For
Teaching Deaf Students Spoken Language”
http://www.signwriting.org/symposium/presentation0012.html

“DELEGS-Editor:
A Step-by-Step Video Tutorial: Learn To Create SignWriting Documents.”
http://www.signwriting.org/symposium/presentation0044.html

Val ;-)

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List: