[Sw-l] SignWriting Symposium 2016 - which dates are best for you?

Rafaela Silva rsilva16 at MSN.COM
Tue Feb 16 09:29:25 UTC 2016

Hello.
Both dates, for now, are good for me :)
Regards,RAfa

Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 07:07:51 -0800
From: signwriting at MAC.COM
Subject: Re: SignWriting Symposium 2016 - which dates are best for you?
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU

SignWriting ListFebruary 15, 2016
Hello Erika!I am excited and happy you wish to present at the 2016 Symposium, and everyone is welcome...There is a place for everyone with SignWriting projects in Research, Education, Software and Literature ;-)
If we receive more than 12 requests, we can add a few more to some days...but we are aiming for 12 presentations on 4 days, 3 a day.
I would like to make it a tradition that we always hold the SignWriting Symposium in the third week of July.
Therefore, unless someone tells me it is a bad time for them, I would like to propose these dates:
July 18-21, 2016
Since the SignWriting Symposium is online, technically, even if you are traveling you should be able to present, although we found out the first year that the technology was not always perfect ;-)
Thank you for the contacts in Denmark. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Denmark ;-)
Val ;-)
-------

On Feb 15, 2016, at 6:29 AM, Erika Hoffmann-Dilloway <erhoffma at OBERLIN.EDU> wrote:Oops, sorry! Either option is fine. I may have something to present but would also happily hang back if you have lots of presentations from those who have not participated in the past.
By the way, the Deaf Association in Denmark agreed to forward on my message of inquiry to those who could help me get in touch with the contacts you mentioned...so far haven't heard anything, but fingers crossed!