[Sw-l] RAND SignWriting Keyboard Instruction Manuals

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Feb 16 18:20:35 UTC 2016

SignWriting List
February 16, 2016

Hello everyone!

Welcome to the SignWriting List, Rebecca. I will be happy to mail you a packet of information postal mail about SignWriting, plus I will post a new message to the SignWriting List, listing places on the web where you can find information. You can download free literature and textbooks, and watch videos. And I hope you will tell us about your interest in SignWriting...where did you hear about it and do you have some SignWriting projects?

And thank you André for offering the French translation for the RAND keyboard manual. I would love that, and I am sure it is needed. I am not finished with Manual 1 yet, as you can see below I mentioned I only have 4 pages so far (smile ;-). I plan to add more pages as I learn how to use the RAND Keyboard myself...But Dali Balti's manual has more pages...that is Manual 2.

Maybe an easy way for you to give us the French translation is to just give me a text document with the French sentences stating the page number where they belong...then I can put them on the page with the diagrams...the important thing is to keep the diagrams exactly the same and not change them, because there are many different sign languages connected to French - Tunisian Sign Language is one of them, because they speak French there as well as Arabic, and also there are the sign languages from French-Belgium, France, French-Switzerland and French-Canada...so just the French spoken language without any signs is what we need for this manual...thank you for your generosity, André - your hard work is appreciated - I would like to do that for the SignWriting Basics Instruction Manual as well - to just use the French you have already given us, but continue with the same ASL diagrams - until we find signers from the French-speaking countries to give us the signs they need for each sign language - If you give me permission to do that, I can get that posted soon and we need the French translation very much for that little book.

Blessings to everyone -

Val ;-)

---------

sutton at signwriting.org