[Sw-l] Survey on SW project for a book on SL writing systems

Tue Nov 7 13:29:07 EST 2017

SignWriting List
November 7, 2017

Hello Claudia!
Wow. How exciting to hear from you again here on the SW-List ;-)

It has been a long time! Congratulations on having twins - and they are already two-years-old? That is so great.

I am so thankful for your presentation, Claudia, at the SignWriting Symposium 2014. You were the first presentation ever:

SignWriting Symposium 2014, presentation 1
http://www.signwriting.org/symposium/presentation0001.html

and I love your video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbfHOevWvfY

...and thank you for your research related to SignWriting, and to your colleagues Drs Maria de Marsico and Fabrizio Borgia - you did important research and program development for SWift and Sword.

Regarding "what has been done with SW this year" - I think you are referring to what I used to call "Year-End Reports":

SignWriting Year End Report, 1989-2009
http://www.signwriting.org/forums/sponsors/year/index.html

We have no end-of-the-year summary from 2010 to 2013. But in 2014, we started the SignWriting Symposium and that has been acting as our year-end-report in a way...but much more lively!

Here is a listing of all 64 presentations from 2014-2016:
http://www.signwriting.org/symposium/presentations.html

Scroll down on the page to see the presentations one by one...

This year, in 2017, we are posting all the videos and PowerPoints for this year's accomplishments in December, 2017.

I am glad Steve updated you about Unicode. HIs three presentations for 2017 are a good documentation of the progress made to date.

Thanks so much for everything, Claudia... the past, present and future!

And blessings to your children and family and co-workers this holiday season -

Val ;-)

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu