[Sw-l] Steve's Friday Update: 7 of 17

Stephen Slevinski slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET
Fri Oct 19 12:30:02 EDT 2018

Hi SignWriting List,

Four topics for this weeks report: PocketPuddle 3 drawing, SignPuddle 3
progress, SignWriting Public Archive, and the SignWriting Symposium 2018.

PocketPuddle 3 drawing
--------------------
The winner of this week's drawing: Lúcia Garcia of Brazil!
Congratulations.  SignPuddle 3 development is moving along and I will be
sending out the PocketPuddles once I have finished the programming for
the user, interface, and dictionary sections.  There are six
PocketPuddles still available.

I have a list of people for future drawings.  If you would like to add
your name to the list, please let me know.

SignPuddle 3 progress
-------------------
This was a productive week.  I have uploaded the latest changes to
SignPuddle.com.  You can play around with the client online if you're
curious, but there are issues I need to fix and functionality I need to add.
https://signpuddle.com/client

The login system is partly functional within the general framework. You
can log in with your SignPuddle Online username and password. You can
see the general shape of the user section.  I will have the user section
completed next week and I will be able to show the interface framework.

Once the user section and the interface sections are complete, I will
prepare and release a beta version we can really start using.

SignWriting Public Archive
----------------------
Do you have documents you want to contribute to the SignWriting Public
Archive?  You can now add the files yourself using our new upload
feature.  Visit the upload page and add your documents yourself. Valerie
will be able to review the documents and use them as additional
resources. You will need an upload key to upload files to the server.

https://signwriting.org/archive/public

The SignWriting Symposium 2018
If you would like to participate in the SignWriting Symposium this year,
please prepare you documents and upload using the SignWriting Public
Archive.  The upload key for the Symposium this year is "sws2018".
Later, we will create project pages for the major works, and use the
minor works for a year in review.

Regards,
-Steve
https://SteveSlevinski.me