[Sw-l] SignPuddle 3 beta ready next week

Stephen Slevinski slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET
Fri Jun 7 16:10:36 EDT 2019

Hi SignWriting List,

I have completed the new SignMaker and the image uploads section for
SignPuddle 3. I am pleased to report that the SignPuddle 3 beta will be
ready next week.  This release will focuses on dictionaries. This is an
important milestone and I am very excited.

I have converted all of the SignPuddle 2 dictionaries over to SignPuddle
3 so we can hit the ground running.  I'm hoping that every sign language
involved will participate, so that we can really polish our
dictionaries.  These dictionaries will be very helpful when the new
SignText is ready.

Every sign language will have a public dictionary.  Also available, will
be practice, specialized, or alternative dictionaries on request.

I could really use everyone's help.  First, when the beta is ready, use
the software to add and edit the dictionaries.  Second, provide
feedback, ideas, and opinions.  Third, share this information with
others who are interested.  Fourth, if you are able, consider
financially supporting my work directly through patreon.  I know this is
a lot to ask, but I really need your support if I am going to be able to
continue developing SignPuddle software full time along with
administering the SignWriting websites.  With so many sign languages
involved, it would only take a few generous people from each sign
language so that I can complete the software and expand my efforts in
new directions like the 2-dimensional font and mobile applications.

I will have a full announcement next week and hopefully include a few
explanatory videos to show what is possible.

Regards,
-Steve
https://SteveSlevinski.me
https://patreon.com/signwriting