[Sw-l] SignPuddle 2 and 3: is it possible to save pictures of signs?

Daniele Giacomini appunti2 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 17 07:34:33 EDT 2019

Hello Valerie and everyone on the SW list.

I do apologize: I am probably trying to use SignPuddle for a purpose that
is different from its natural one. I will explain what I am trying to do
and what I am experiencing, but with the only purpose to ask how SignPuddle
is supposed to be used instead.

SignPuddle 3 client:
https://signpuddle.com/client/#!/dictionary/ise-IT-dictionary-public -->
SignMaker

   - It is possible to export (copy) the Unicode sequence generated by
   drawing, but (at least at the moment) it is not possible to get the drawing
   pasting the Unicode sequence from a different source (while on SignMaker
   2017 that is possible).
   - It is not possibile to export (to save in my local computer) the
   picture generated by drawing -- in SignMaker  2017 (
   http://www.signbank.org/signmaker/#?ui=en) I can go to More --> PNG save
   --> Download.

SignPuddle 2 --> SignMaker
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/signmaker.php?ui=1&sgn=63

   - I don't find any possibility to deal with the Unicode sequence, as I
   can do instead with SignMaker 2017.
   - I don't find any possibility to export (to save in my local computer)
   the picture generated by drawing.

SignPuddle 2 --> SignText
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/signtext.php?ui=1&sgn=63

   - I don't find any possibility to deal with the Unicode sequence.
   - I don't find any possibility to export (to save in my local computer)
   the picture generated by drawing.

To answer Valerie's question: I haven't been writing in the SignPuddle yet.

I take this occasion to ask an additional thing: I don't find any IS
(International Sign) flag for dictionaries in SignPuddle or SignMaker 2017.
Is there a reason? I observe that the site spreadthesign.com considers
International Sign and it uses a blue flag.

Thank you all for your attention.

Regards,
Daniele Giacomini