[Sw-l] Society for American Sign Language Journal

Fri Aug 27 17:15:08 UTC 2021

SignWriting List
August 27, 2021

I'm glad you're enjoying the SASLJ, the Society for American Sign Language Journal. The articles published are just some studies that were submitted to the journal for publication, using a variety of methods.

SASLJ
https://tigerprints.clemson.edu/saslj/

There is a study we haven’t submitted to the journal, and I have been thinking about submitting it, with approval from the participants.

It was a study on using SignWriting in an elementary school, testing for ASL and English literacy in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The project was conducted by Dr. Cecilia Flood, and was part of her Ph.D dissertation. It took place around 1999 and continued for several years. It was at Hodkins Elementary School in Albuquerque, in a classroom with deaf ASL signing students.

Here are some links:

SignWriting Literacy Project for Deaf Students, 1999
https://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs4/sw0354-US-SWLiteracyProject-2006.pdf

Progress Reports
https://www.signwriting.org/usa/newmexico/albuquerque/albuqu.html

Dr. Cecilia Flood, Dissertation 2002, Univ of New Mexico
https://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs5/sw0476-CeciliaFlood-Dissertation2002.pdf

Val ;-)