[Sw-l] Brainstorming, what sofware for Signwriting could I write that would make people feel good about themselves.

Amit Moryossef amitmoryossef at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 26 17:14:19 UTC 2023

I think a language-teaching tool is a very interesting option.
However, one important part of language learning is "production" - and at
the moment we can't look at a video and automatically transcribe it, so the
app wouldn't be able to give feedback. Of course, this can be solved given
the resources :)

And while asking someone to transcribe a video is possible, I feel like it
tends more towards "expert" work.
Any language learning app will need to design for SignWriting since the
"text" is not just linear, and the line heights are not always predictable.

Glad to talk about this further if there's a concrete idea!

Amit

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu