[Sw-l] English to English motions of PTASL Re: Testing transfer to Linguist List

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Tue May 30 07:32:02 UTC 2023

This looks pretty good, probably more detail would help.  Impressive at
first glance!

What’s the recommended English to motion/ASL Software?

Who can I congratulate for this?

=========
ChatGPT Prompt > SignWriting icons for “many words” described in English.

SignWriting is a writing system that represents sign languages visually
using a combination of symbols, known as SignWriting icons. While
SignWriting icons can represent individual signs, it is not primarily
designed for capturing the meaning of English phrases or concepts directly.
However, we can provide a description of how the phrase "many words" can be
represented in SignWriting using the available symbols:

1. The SignWriting icon for "many" typically consists of an open handshape
with the fingers spread apart and slightly bent. The hand is positioned in
front of the body, moving in a repetitive motion to indicate a large
quantity or multitude.

2. The SignWriting icon for "words" can be represented by drawing several
small lines or dashes that signify individual words or signs, arranged
horizontally or vertically to indicate the idea of multiple words.

Please note that SignWriting is a complex system with many symbols and
conventions, and its usage may vary among different sign languages and
regions. It is recommended to consult specific SignWriting resources or
software to accurately represent the phrase "many words" in the context of
a particular sign language or to learn SignWriting from trained instructors
or materials for comprehensive understanding.