[Sw-l] SignWriting will be 50 years old in 2024 !

Carlos Cristian Libras carloscristianlibras at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 18:37:05 UTC 2023

I would like a very special day to be set in 1974 for the creation of
signwriting.
Perhaps the date of publication of the magazine or newspaper that first
announced the possibility of signwriting to the world.
 With this date, we can do 2 things:
 1 - Establish an international day to commemorate sign writing. And in the
future this may be granted by the "UN".

2 - We could do an event broadcast live, as if it were a seminar and each
participant who wanted to participate could give a small presentation of
some work they did or a personal account of how they have used or taught
sign writing.

Regarding the possibility of a Seminar, if necessary, I organize it myself,
together with the participants, and help Valerie Sutton or Steve to carry
out the live broadcast at StreamYard.

There is no problem about different languages. Everyone who is going to
present in their native language just needs to write a script in text. Then
we can use the text as a translation (in the form of a Slide, Automatic
Caption, interpreters and others).

But I would like to see the other suggestions or if there would be
engagement in the ones I proposed.