[Sw-l] SignWriting Course | Curso de Escrita de Sinais

Valerie Sutton sutton at signwriting.org
Tue Nov 14 02:55:07 UTC 2023

SignWriting List,
November 13, 2023

Hi Dale!

I think Carlos Cristian has done a great job on his course and it is totally his dream and his design. He has done so much work.

If captions could be developed for Carlos's lessons in Portuguese, then the Portuguese captions could be translated into English and Spanish and other spoken languages and those captions might make the lessons very usable internationally. I think you will be able to follow along if there were good captions.

So I suggest if possible that someone can work on providing good Portuguese captions on each one of these lessons, and once those Portuguese captions are done, we can create the other transcripts, and we might have a very usable course.

Other than that I cannot personally do anything myself since I'm retired but I am very happy to post everyone's work on the Internet. Of course that makes me so happy to see SignWriting used around the world

If any of you have a project you would like to have posted just announce it on the SignWriting list and then I will post it on our websites and on Facebook and other places.

With gratitude -

Val ;-)

> On Nov 13, 2023, at 5:55 PM, Dale Spoor <dale.spoor27 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, Val,
>
> Are there plans to do a course like this in English?  I would like to learn at least the basics for SignWriting using the SignPuddle2.software, so that I can teach it to my deaf friends in Nicaragua.  Or has this already been done?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dale

————