[Sw-l] QuickSignEditor in SignMaker 2017

Jonathan Duncan jonathandouglasduncan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 02:46:46 UTC 2023

Hi Val,

     Looking over the 2021 sign list emails with ChatGPT and found this.

https://jonathandduncan.github.io/QuickSignEditor/signmaker/#?ui=en
<https://jonathandduncan.github.io/QuickSignEditor/signmaker/#?ui=en>

Click on the button.

Choose base symbol in the maniquin.

The symbols are grouped by similarities

You can choose an orientation

Drag the symbol you need to the sign area.

If you hit Shift-4 you can use the arrow keys to move them around.

With the mouse you can select several symbols at once

Hit Save and you are back in SignMaker2015

Click on Dictionary to see the FSW.

Jonathan

Here are these instructions ChatGPT wrote from those emails for the
keyboard.

The features and usage of QuickSignEditor Keyboard is as follows:

 1. Click on the button to start.
 2. Choose the base symbol from a 'maniquin'.
 3. The symbols are grouped by similarities for easy navigation and
    identification.
 4. You can choose an orientation for the symbol.
 5. Drag the symbol you need to the sign area. You can shift the symbols
    around using the arrow keys by pressing Shift-4.
 6. It supports mouse functions whereby you can select multiple symbols
    at once.
 7. Once done, hit 'Save', and you will return to SignMaker2015.
 8. You can then click on 'Dictionary' to view the FSW (Formal SignWriting).

I hope that helps.

Jonathan