[Sw-l] QuickSignEditor in SignMaker 2017

Jonathan Duncan jonathandouglasduncan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 22:02:41 UTC 2023

Yes, it's definitely doable, just a question of asking the right
questions the right way. Sometimes works as expected, other times you
need to work your way up to what you're looking for.

I prompted it

"5. Technological evolution of SignWriting: The discussions touched on the complex history and technological progression of SignWriting. The creator recounted his journey of continually rebuilding systems for SignWriting, adapting to technological changes over the years, and planning for future growth. He also mentioned the development
and optimism towards Sutton SignWriting Standards of 2010, 2012, and 2017, and expressed excitement about future demos of the @sutton-signwriting/core package.

Tell me more about this and who done it."

It answered

"The individual you are referring to is Steve Slevinski. He has been diligently working on the advancement of SignWriting, a system of writing sign languages. He reflects on his continuous endeavors of constructing systems for SignWriting, adapting to changing technology over the years, and foreseeing future growth.

He expresses his enthusiasm regarding future demonstrations of the @sutton-signwriting/core package. This package is likely a part of central Sutton SignWriting technology, which is integral to the development of the SignWriting system.

He has made significant contributions to the Sutton SignWriting Standards of 2010, 2012, and 2017, showing a commitment to the improvement and standardization of SignWriting.

Furthermore, Slevinski mentions future plans to open source SignPuddle 2 software and restructure it to use a database (MySQL or SQLite) rather than Simple Piece Markup Language (SPML). The work that Slevinski is undertaking is vital in making SignWriting more accessible and interpretable by technology.

He manages several websites where you can access more information or observe this technology firsthand. Some of these websites include steveslevinski.me and the GitHub repository for sutton-signwriting. He also has demos available at steveslevinski.me/demo/fsw.html and steveslevinski.me/demo/swu.html."

Usually the descriptions are quite acurrate but sometimes ChatGPT has been known to "allucinate" and make stuff up instead of admitting that it doesn't know. LOL so usually good for a human to fact check.

Jonathan