[Sw-l] Call it Signreading?

Valerie Sutton sutton at signwriting.org
Wed Sep 27 20:57:04 UTC 2023

SignWriting List
September 27, 2023

Hello SW List and AnnaGrace and Josenilson -

We have used the term “SignReading” or “signreading” before. In the Search area on SignWriting.org <http://signwriting.org/> … search for “signreading”, and it finds photos from Brazil back in the late 1990s - photos of “signreaders” who were learning SignWriting in our early history in 1996 and so forth -

So the answer is YES, go right ahead and use the term “signreading”. It is a good point that learning how to read is very important and many learn to read quickly.

Glad you agree, Josenilson -

Val ;-)

--------