[Sw-l] SignWriting Symposium 2024 registration is open

Steve Slevinski slevin at signpuddle.net
Sat Jan 13 21:50:27 UTC 2024

Hi SignWriting List,

SignWriting is 50 years old in 2024.  Amazing!  Valerie and her work are
a worldwide treasure!

To celebrate, we've decided to have another SignWriting Symposium. We
have a new format this year.  Rather than trying to have live
presentations, we're asking our presenters to submit their presentation
videos ahead of time.  For each day of the symposium, Val and I will
introduce the videos for the day and then make those videos public.
We'll also be reading comments and answering questions from the community.

Register by May 15, 2024
Videos, slides, and papers due by June 15, 2024
SignWriting Symposium 2024 is July 15-18, 2024

    July 15th will focus on Education.
    July 16th will focus on Literature.
    July 17th will focus on Research.
    July 18th will focus on Software.

If you'd like to participate, there are three ways: Presentations,
Comments, and Questions.

First, you can present your work in education, literature, research, and
software.  Please fill out the registration form and we'll be in touch.
For each presentation  we are offering the opportunity to have a quick
chat in either English or ASL.  We'll meet online and you can tell us a
bit about yourself and your work.  We'll release these before the
symposium as a teaser to the official symposium. Unfortunately, we are
unable to arrange interpreters so if you'd still like to chat, we
encourage you to arrange your own interpreters to bring along.
* Presentation Registration: https://forms.gle/SnHae5qvfpmdjLYC6

Second, you can submit a comment related to SignWriting.  During the
daily symposium introductions, we'll read your comments.
* Comments: https://forms.gle/bgt1uexiqWNAMXCm7

Third, you can ask a question.  During the daily symposium
introductions, we'll read a few questions and answer the best we can.
* Questions: https://forms.gle/3n4RY5u2hef1jqyC9

I hope lots of people choose to participate.  We are really curious
about your work and we are continually amazed by what we find.

Regards,
-Steve