New Apatani dictionary online

Post, Mark mark.post at JCU.EDU.AU
Fri Jul 8 22:01:57 UTC 2011

Dear Tibeto-Burmanists,

It gives me great pleasure to announce online publication of the "Dictionary of the Apatani Language, With English-Apatani Index", which was launched last Wednesday on http://www.apatani-language-society.com/.

This extraordinary dictionary is the product of several years of in-depth anthropological and linguistic research by Pascal Bouchery (Université de Poitiers), in close collaboration with members of the community-based Apatani Language Project. It contains a wealth of meticulously-researched information, including approximately 10,000 entries and subentries, hundreds of illustrative sentences, and a "visual encyclopedia" containing many original photographs of endemic flora, fauna, and cultural artifacts and practices. It will surely constitute an invaluable resource to linguists and anthropologists with interest in the Eastern Himalayan region.

Please join me in congratulating Dr. Bouchery and the Apatani Language Project on this remarkable achievement.

---
Mark W. Post, PhD
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in Anthropological Linguistics
James Cook University
Cairns QLD 4878 Australia

TEL (AU): +61-7-4042-1898
TEL (IN): +91-94026-90225

http://jamescook.academia.edu/markwpost

***I'm currently in Boulder, CO and slow to respond to email. Sorry.***