Request for references

Nicholas Ostler nicholas at OSTLER.NET
Wed Jun 1 09:00:04 UTC 2011

On 20/04/2011 05:00, TIBETO-BURMAN-LINGUISTICS automatic digest system
wrote:
> Date:    Tue, 19 Apr 2011 08:16:04 -0400
> From:    Robbins Burling<rburling at UMICH.EDU>
> Subject: Re: Request for references
>
> Shobana:   Off hand, I think of precious little, though I'll mull it over
> and if something occurs to me I'll tell you.  Nevertheless, valiantly
> resisting the imperative for modesty, I do think that the following,
> dragged from my vita,  has a good deal to do with Lg. contact:
>

> 2009   “The Lingua Franca Cycle, Language Shift and Language Change.”
>             Anthropological Linguistics 19: 207-244.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rob
>
> --On April 18, 2011 11:58:02 AM -0500 "Chelliah, Shobhana"
> <chelliah at UNT.EDU>  wrote:
>
>> Dear Fellow TB-ists:
>>
>> Would you please point me to the must-read literature on language contact
>> in Northeast India?  You can email me directly and I'll put the whole
>> list up on the listserv.
>>
>> Thanks (in advance).
>>

>> Shobhana Chelliah
>> Chelliah at unt.edu
>>

> Robbins Burling                            Office: 734-615-3840
> Department of Linguistics                  FAX: 734-936-3406
> 440 Lorch Hall, 611 Tappan St.             Home: 734-663-1184
> University of Michigan
> Ann Arbor, MI  48109-1220

Sorry to intervene rather late, but I think Rob has misplaced his own
reference.

According the the publishers of Anthropological Linguistics
http://www.indiana.edu/~anthling/v49-3-4.html
  that paper was published in 2007:

Vol. 49, no. 3-4 (Fall/Winter 2007)
The Lingua Franca Cycle: Implications for Language Shift, Language
Change, and Language Classification
Robbins Burling    207

and the page numbers he cites are also slightly out: 207-236

--
Nicholas Ostler

nicholas at ostler.net
Chairman: Foundation for Endangered Languages
www.ogmios.org

Author: Empires of the Word (2005),
Ad Infinitum (2007), The Last Lingua Franca (2010)
www.nicholasostler.com