Software for ethnic minority languages

Daan van Esch daanvanesch at GMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 22 10:07:36 UTC 2012

Dear all,

A few days ago, I came across this Xinhua article on some recently released
software tools for Chinese minority languages:
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/china/2012-01/06/c_131346879.htm

These programs include electronic dictionaries for the characters of the Yi
> and Zhuang ethnic groups, a proofreading tool for the Zhuang ethnic
> language, and transcoding applications for the languages of the Tibetan,
> Uygur, Kazakh and Kyrgyz ethnicities, according to a statement released
> Friday by the State Ethnic Affairs Commission.

I went to the web page of the CASS, but I was unable to find these software
anywhere. I did find these press releases:
http://www.gov.cn/jrzg/2012-01/06/content_2038480.htm
http://iel.cass.cn/news_show.asp?newsid=10022&detail=1
but unfortunately they do not seem to contain any links to a download page.

Would anyone on this list happen to know where I could download these
tools?

Thanks in advance!

Best wishes,

Daan van Esch