translation projects into Tibeto-Burman minority languages

Nathan Hill nathanwhill at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 23 13:40:03 UTC 2012

Dear Colleagues,

I have just received an email asking me about research discussing
translation projects, particularly the Bible or the works of Chairman
Mao, into Tibeto-Burman minority languages of China and the effect of
such projects on the formation of nationality literature and self
perception. An excellent question about which I know nothing. Can
anyone recommend any research on these themes?

thanks,
Nathan